Episodes discussed: Buffy 3×14 Bad Girls and Doctor Who 4×6 The Doctor’s Daughter
Written by Douglas Petrie; Directed by Michael Lange
Buffy grows closer to Faith while the two of them test their boundaries as Slayers. Discussion points include:
- Three words times three
- Life without rules and boundaries
- Buffy vs. Faith: Reason vs. Instinct
- Does Faith feel remorse?
- Alan, the Mayor and Balthazar
- The ineffectual Wesley Wyndham-Pryce
The Doctor’s Daughter
Written by Stephen Greenhorn; Directed by Alice Troughton
The Doctor, Donna, and Marha find themselves in the middle of a civil war and the Doctor finds an unexpected progeny. Discussion points include:
- Recursive influence and off-screen romance
- The Doctor’s sort-of cloned daughter
- “Children of the machine”: The necessity of memory and experience
- The Doctor’s familial love and loss
- Would the Doctor never?
- Passing the torch: Donna and Martha
Next time: Doctor Who 4×7 The Unicorn and the Wasp and Buffy 3×15 Consequences.