Episodes discussed: Buffy 4×5 Beer Bad and Doctor Who 5×5 Flesh and Stone
Written by Tracey Forbes; Directed by David Solomon
Some spiked beer sets Buffy and her fellow students free to indulge in their basest urges.
- Is “Beer Bad” all that bad?
- The moral of the week
- Impulses and desires
- Riley and Parker
- The Willow-Oz-Veruca triangle
- Pretension and class conflict
Flesh and Stone
Written by Steven Moffat; Directed by Adam Smith
The Doctor and his friends climb through the crashed Byzantium pursued by Weeping Angels and the mysterious crack in time. Discussion points include:
- Amy gets frisky with the Doctor
- The Crack, erased memories, and unwritten time
- Amy’s trust in the Doctor
- The Angels bend the rules
- River’s crime and incarceration
- Callbacks and parallels to past episodes
Next time: Doctor Who 5×6 The Vampires of Venice and Angel 1×5 Rm w/ a Vu.