Episodes discussed: Doctor Who 5×10 Vincent and the Doctor and Angel 1×7 The Bachelor Party
Vincent and the Doctor
Written by Richard Curtis; Directed by Jonny Campbell
The Doctor and Amy spend an emotional couple of days with Vincent Van Gogh. Discussion points include:
- Richard Curtis and the real Van Gogh
- Subtle Rory subtext
- Avoidance or convalescence?
- Vincent’s artistry and depression
- Amy and Vincent’s connection
- The Doctor’s realism
The Bachelor Party
Written by Tracey Stern; Directed by David Straiton
Things get wacky and kinda sad when Doyle’s surprise ex makes a surprise appearance. Discussion points include:
- Doyle’s wholesome upbringing
- The tragic, failed marriage
- Delayed Cordy/Doyle gratification
- Is this episode funny or sad?
- The hilariously integrated demon family
- Cordy reaches out to Doyle
Next time: Buffy 1×8 Pangs and Doctor Who 5×11 The Lodger.