Episodes discussed: Buffy 4×18 Where the Wild Things Are and the Doctor Who 2011 Christmas Special The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
Where the Wild Things Are
Written by Tracey Forbes; Directed by David Solomon
As Buffy and Riley grow closer, their passion disturbs a number of ghosts in Riley’s house as well as the other blossoming Scoobie couples. Discussion points include:
- Heavy-handed collegiate metaphors
- Too serious or too silly?
- Finally, more screen time for Anya!
- Spike reminds everyone that he’s a bad guy
- Is Willow’s behavior influenced?
- Giles rocks out to The Who
The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
Written Steven Moffat; Directed by Farren Blackburn
The Doctor crash-lands in London during the Blitz and befriends a housewife and her children. Discussion points include:
- Silent links?
- A Pond reunion
- “What is this salty discharge?”
- Taking a cue from C.S. Lewis
- The importance of family
- The fear of future loss
Next time: Doctor Who 7×1 Asylum of the Daleks and Angel 1×18 Five by Five.