Episodes discussed: Buffy 5×7 Fool for Love and Doctor Who 8×3 Robot of Sherwood
Fool for Love
Written by Douglas Petrie; Directed by Nick Marck
In the effort to discover why Slayers always get killed, Buffy delves into Spike’s surprising backstory. Discussion points include:
- Does Buffy “get off” on slaying?
- Riley gets more cocky and reckless
- The history of the Slayers
- Spike the scorned
- William the Bloody Awful Poet
- Spike’s obsession with Buffy
Robot of Sherwood
Written by Mark Gatiss; Directed by Paul Murphy
When the Doctor asks Clara who she wants to meet most in the world, she asks to meet the legendary Robin Hood. Discussion points include:
- Clara’s hero worship
- No-nonsense schoolteacher Clara
- “Stories can make us fly”
- The Sheriff’s plans to take over THE WORLD!
- No silliness or banter allowed
- Doctor/Robin parallels
Next time: Doctor Who 8×4 Listen and Angel 2×7 Darla.