Episodes discussed: Doctor Who 8×8 Mummy on the Orient Express and Angel 2×9 The Trial
Mummy on the Orient Express
Written by Jamie Mathieson; Directed by Paul Wilmshurst
The Doctor and Clara take a trip on the Orient Express (in space) for their last hurrah. Discussion points include:
- Who is behind all this?
- Where is Heaven?
- Clara’s non-departure and the Doctor’s introversion
- Clara’s lies
- The Doctor’s bedside manner
Written by Douglas Petrie & Tim Minear; Directed by Bruce Seth Green
Angel agrees to perform three magical tasks with the hope of saving Darla. Discussion points includes:
- The continuing adventures in flashback
- Angel’s quest to save Darla
- Does Lindsey understand love?
- Did the Host eat his bartender?
- True neutral Jeeves
- Angel’s trials and Darla’s acceptance
Next time: Buffy 5×10 Into the Woods and Doctor Who 8×9 Flatline.