Episodes discussed: BSG 1×1 33 and Angel 2×21 Through the Looking Glass.
Time stamp: BSG 00:00-1:20:30; Angel 1:20:30 to the end
Written by Ronald D. Moore; Directed by Michael Rhymer
Five days after the Cylon attacks, and the human fleet have been making an FTL jump every 33 minutes on the dot. Discussion points include:
- Starting on a high note
- Jumping at faster than light speed
- Why is it 33 minutes?
- Pushing the crew too far
- The importance of small decisions
- Exploring Baltar’s psyche
Through the Looking Glass
Written and Directed by Tim Minear
Angel and the gang arrive in Pylea to find Cordy on the throne. Discussion points includes:
- Queen Cordy
- Wolf, Ram and Hart
- Off with their heads!
- Numfar does the Dance of Joy
- Angel’s vanity and Fred’s envy
- Wes and Gunn’s tactical errors
Next time: Buffy 5×22 The Gift and BSG 1×2 Water.