Episodes discussed: Angel 3×3 That Old Gang of Mine and BSG 1×10 The Hand of God
Time Stamps: Angel 00:00-58:50r; BSG 58:50 to the end
That Old Gang of Mine
Written by Tim Minear; Directed by Frederick King Keller
Gunn two crews end up in conflict. Discussion points include:
- Unfocused direction and problematic characterization
- Gunn’s internal conflict
- Wesley’s coldness and authority
- “He’s got the mission”
- What are they loyal to?
- Fred’s awkwardness and intellect
The Hand of God
Written by Bradley Thompson & David Weddle; Directed by Jeff Woolnough
The crew of the BSG take a risk when trying to steal fuel from the Cylons. Discussion points includes:
- “The Big Mac”
- Who is “the hand of God”?
- The next crisis of resources
- Striking first for the first time
- Starbuck and Apollo switch roles
- The big musical finish
Listen to the song “Wander My Friends” by composer Bear McCreary and read his notes about the “Adama Theme” here.
Bear McCreary’s Google Talk is below. Beware of spoilers for the future of BSG!
Next time: BSG 1×11 Colonial Day and Buffy 6×3 After Life.